CANDLE CARE & SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
Candles create a relaxing environment but you still need to be careful when burning them. Below are some points to remember when caring for your candle and safety precautions to be mindful of:
• Never leave a burning candle unsupervised. Make sure you extinguish them before you leave the house or go to sleep.
• It is best to put your candle 1 meter away from anything flammable. This includes but not limited to: clothing, paper/books/magazines, curtains, bedding, couches etc.
• Place your candle away from droughts which can be caused by; open windows/doors & fans etc.
• Trim your wicks! This prevents the flame from being too large.
• Do not burn your candle for longer than 4 hours at a time.
• Keep them out of reach of children or pets.
• Sit your candles on a strong, heat resistant surface.
• Do not burn the candle if the container is cracked, chipped or damaged in any way.
• If your candle is burning correctly it should not be flickering, should look like a teardrop in shape and be burning upright.
Crystal Candle Care -
All of our candles are hand poured and the crystals are added after being specially picked for each candle.
In order to have the most burn time from your crystal candle you will need to show it a little more love than our plain soy wax candles, as the crystals can move when the wax melts. It is very important to keep a close eye on them so that they don’t impact the wick in any way.
Here at Love, Payton we would personally recommend carefully taking the bigger crystals out with tweezers or a small spoon when they have loosened. The crystal chips should be fine to leave in for the duration of the candle's life if you wish.
To clean the wax off of your crystals all you need to do is rinse them with water, wipe them off with a cloth/paper towel and enjoy!
CANDLE CARE / TIPS & TRICKS
Here are some tips & tricks to having the perfect burn every time!
• The first burn is always important!
Always allow the wax to burn so that is melts across the entire surface. This will prevent tunneling and ensures an even burn for the duration of the candle's life.
• When finding somewhere to place your candle it is best to choose a spot that is cool, dry and away from direct sunlight.
• Keep your wick trimmed! It is recommended to trim the wick after every burn time. Always extinguish the flame, let it cool down, remove any wick debris, then trim the wick and you are good to go!
• Monitor the amount of wax in the candle. Once it drops below the half inch mark it is best to discontinue use (this keeps the jar from being damaged).
• Use a proper candle snuffer to extinguish the flame.
OUR CANDLE MAKING PROCESS
When we make our candles, we let them set and trim their wicks. We then let them sit for a week before we put them up for sale.
The reason we do this is so that the candle has time to cure, which results in a better scent throw. This also means we can check our candles over for any imperfections that may arise such as cracks, sinkholes or beading (aka candle sweating as soy wax is very sensitive to temperature changes). This is just our way of making sure we give you excellent candles too!
We hope you love our candles as much as we have loved creating and designing them for you! Thank you for supporting our journey.